As the philanthropic partner of the Grand Island Public Schools, the GIPS Foundation offers financial and governance infrastructure to the many clubs and booster organizations that are affiliated with our schools. The member organizations are able to use the Foundation's status as a non-profit organization to raise funds and distribute them for the benefit of GIPS students. The Foundation takes care of the accounting, receipting and reporting, so that these volunteer organizations can focus on investing in students.
Academic Hall of Fame
Athletic Booster Club
The Grand Island Senior High Islander Athletic Booster Club is a committee interested in Grand Island Senior High School Athletics with the following purposes:
- To provide support, cooperation, and inspiration to help build the athletic programs at Grand Island Public Schools.
- To provide financial support toward the purchase of needed equipment, supplies and sponsorship not otherwise available.
- To develop a strong link and good communication between club members, the Grand Island Education Foundation and Grand Island Senior High School.
- To bring together those persons interested in Grand Island Senior High athletic programs.
Athletic Hall of Fame
Grand Island Senior High is excited to announce the formation of an Athletic Hall of Fame. The first class of athletes, coaches, teams and contributors was inducted on January 26, 2018, at an Islander basketball game.
“We’re excited about honoring the rich tradition of the best athletes, male and female, at Grand Island Senior High. We have generations of championship teams and individual athletes who’ve reached the pinnacle of their sport. Great coaches and contributors have helped these student-athletes through the decades and it’s time to recognize them,” said GISH Activities Director Cindy Wells.
Band Booster Club
The goal of the Grand Island Senior High School Islander Band Boosters is to support the bands of the Academies of the Grand Island Senior High School. Support is given through the following means:
- To provide financial support to purchase needed equipment and supplies.
- To provide transportation to and from music competitions.
- To provide food and supplies to band students during traveling events.
- To supplement district provided instruction with specialists and clinicians.
- To provide musical growth and inspiration.
Grand Island Senior High School offers marching band, concert band, orchestra, small group ensembles and individual instrumental experiences.
Islander Football Hall of Fame
Mission: To chronicle the history and tradition of Islander Football by recognizing outstanding players, coaches, teams and contributors.
Islander Football Touchdown Club
The Islander Football Touchdown Club Sponsors help us with the many expenses a high school football program incurs, including allowing us to provide meals to our players after every road game for all levels.
Orchestra Booster Club
Show Choir Booster Club
Theatre Booster Club
Umbrella Organization: Fundraising Landing Page
The GIPS Foundation offers online fundraising pages to our umbrella organizations. If you have a project and need an online landing page, apply below.