VFW Post 1347 Scholarship
Scholarship Essay Required
High School and College students eligible
The mission of the VFW Post 1347, Hall County is to foster camaraderie among United States veterans of overseas conflicts. We serve our veterans, the military, and our community; and advocate on behalf of all veterans. It is our goal to ensure that veterans are respected for their service, receive their earned benefits, and are recognized for the sacrifices they and their loved ones have made.
Always put the interests of our members first
treat donors as partners in our cause
Ensure the care of veterans and their families
Serve our communities
Promote a positive image of the VFW
The VFW post 1347 offers this scholarship in honor of the sacrifices made by veterans and their loved ones. This scholarship is intended for a student who has ties to a United States veteran of war. Connection to a member of VFW #1347 is preferable.
Amount and Terms
- $525 x 1 year
Number of Scholarships
- Must be a graduate of Grand Island Senior High, Grand Island Northwest, Grand Central Catholic, Heartland Lutheran, or Home schooled in the Grand Island Area.
- This Scholarship is for high school seniors and graduates who are currently in their first or second year of college.
- Must have a minimum 2.5 GPA
- Must have a connection to a United States veteran of war
- Must attend an accredited trade school, university, or college
- Submit a short statement explaining your connection to a United States veteran of war and how has this connection made a positive impact on you? (Max 500 words)