Patty and Mike Kneale Education Scholarship (2)
Scholarship Essay Required
Long-time educators Patty and Mike Kneale created this annual scholarship to invest in the students of Grand Island Public Schools. Mike, a former school superintendent, and Patty, a former teacher, believe strongly in public education as the foundation of the American Dream. The scholarship is intended for students who work hard and need the additional support to realize their college ambitions.
Amount and Terms
- $1,250 x 4 years
Number of Scholarships
- Must be a graduate of Grand Island Senior High
- Must demonstrate ability to work hard for desired goals
- Must major in Education
- Must demonstrate financial need
- A high school GPA of 2.8 or better
- Write a short statement that answers the following questions (Max 500 words):
- Explain your passion for education. Why do you want to become a teacher?
- What obstacles have you overcome to graduate? How?
- What circumstances describe your financial need? Do you have a financial plan for college?
- What are your future plans (college and beyond)?