Grand Island Concert Association - Jack Learned Memorial Scholarship
Scholarship Essay Required
1 minute audio file upload Required
The family of Jack Learned offers this scholarship in his memory to a Grand Island Senior High student who has been involved in music or theater activities. Mr. Learned was an esteemed Music Teacher at Grand Island Senior High, known for his genuine spirit and loved by his students. He was a trail blazer. He started the Front Street Dance Hall Revue in Ogallala and was the first "Cactus Jack." He was instrumental in the growth of the Stuhr Museum serving as director from 1972 – 1989. Mr. Learned also grew the endowment of the Stuhr Museum Foundation, serving as its director until 1993. The Jack Learned Memorial Scholarship is a part of the Grand Island Concert Association Scholarships. In the spirit of encouraging musical and theatrical talent, the GICA offers scholarships annually to area students who have a plan to continue to grow and use their gifts.
Amount and Terms
- $1,000 x 1 year
Number of Scholarships
- Must be a graduate of Grand Island Senior High
- Must be involved in music, musical theater or musical performance in school and/or in the community
- Student must upload a 1 minute audio file showing proficiency in voice or instrument.
- Must attend an accredited trade school, university, or college
- Give a brief synopsis of your involvement in school and community music and/or theater activities. (Max 500 words)
- What are your dreams for using your talent in music and/or theater 10 years from now? Tell us how you plan to continue to develop your interest and talent. (Max 500 words)