Duane D. Curtin Scholarship
Duane D. Curtin was known during his lifetime as a hardworking man who could fix anything. He grew up near Phillips, Nebraska and was raised by his mother and a neighbor. He served his country in World War II and eventually returned to Nebraska. He and his wife, Marjorie raised two daughters, Janet and Gail, who both graduated from Grand Island Senior High in 1968. The Curtins were frugal throughout their life but loved their community. Duane passed away in 1997 and Marjorie passed in 2003. They left funds to more than 20 non-profit organizations in their will. This scholarship fund and the Marjorie Curtin Scholarship fund are a part of that legacy.
Amount and Terms
- $950/varies x 1 year
Number of Scholarships
- Must be a graduate of Grand Island Senior High
- Must be ranked Summa Cum Laude or Magna Cum Laude of the graduating class
- Must not be a recipient of another scholarship that pays full tuition or more
- The scholarship is intended for a student who demonstrates need by qualifying for the federal free/reduced lunch program
- Students who come from single parent or no parent homes will be given priority.