Grand Island Senior High Student Council Helping Hand Grant Fund
Grand Island Senior High Student Council believes that all with ties to GISH are family. When members of a family come upon hardships, they should be able to rely on other members of the family for support. With that in mind, this grant has been created with the intention that it will be used for helping those in need from emergencies like illnesses, tragedies, and accidents with ties to GISH.
Eligibility and Purpose:
The purpose of the “Helping Hand Grant” is to allow families that have recently suffered tragedy to be able to feel at least a small sense of relief. The funds from this grant will be made available to them to help in times when it may be impossible for members of their family to work or provide, or if illness and medical issues create a substantial burden on the family.
- Requests shall be made using the Grand Island Senior High Student Council Helping Hand Grant Fund Application Form below
- A committee of three students, two sponsors, and one administrator will be responsible for reviewing applications.
- Amounts can vary between $100 and $500
- To be qualified to receive the grant, nominees must have:
- A student enrolled at GISH, or a family member hired as staff or faculty at GISH
- Be going through a period of family turmoil related to medical, disaster, or death related events
- A review committee will be formed from members of student council, faculty, and administration to handle grant applications.
- The committee’s decision will be final.
- Grants will be paid directly to the family in need.
A committee approved by the Foundation Board will select the recipients from the requests submitted.
Complete the grant application and submit to the Grand Island Public Schools Foundation. Grants will be awarded throughout the year as funds are available.