Grand Island Senior High Soccer Character Scholarship
The Grand Island Senior High Soccer Team Character Scholarship is intended to encourage students to go forward against all odds, and give them hope and opportunity through grants that connect students to school, community, and success. The fund was initiated by a family with a heart for young people who demonstrate character.
Eligibility and Purpose:
The purpose of the Grand Island Senior High Soccer Team Character Scholarship Fund within the Grand Island Public Schools Foundation will be to grant scholarships to students with physical, or educational needs, and who cannot afford opportunities or services to meet these needs. The fund is not intended to be a duplication of social service programs.
NOTE: The application must be completed by the student.
- Applications shall be made using this virtual form.
- Applications can be made at any time throughout the year.
- Students must be attending Grand Island Senior High.
- Students must be participating in Soccer.
- The scholarship shall be for a student's physical, or educational need, or something that would help the student succeed in class, or connect the student to success.
- If other scholarships or opportunities exist, the student must have made an effort to acquire assistance through those sources.
- Student should qualify for free or reduced lunch. Note: This guideline can be waived if there is certainty of the student's financial need due to other circumstances.
- Scholarships shall not be made in arrears of the event (to pay back someone or a fund).
- A Review Committee appointed by the Grand Island Public Schools Foundation Board of Directors will meet as necessary to review requests.
- The committee's decision will be final.
- Scholarship/Grants will be made payable to institutions, organizations, vendors, etc. on behalf of the student.
- Students who are awarded the scholarship may direct payment for approved items such as, but not limited to, camps, soccer gear/shoes, student health insurance policies, medical supplies, rent/mortgage, utilities, gas, food, and any needed educational tool.
- Grants will not be paid in cash directly to the student.
A committee approved by the Foundation Board will select the recipients from the requests submitted.
- Donations to the Grand Island Senior High Soccer Team Character Scholarship Fund will be tax-deductible.
- Donations to the Grand Island Senior High Soccer Team Character Scholarship Fund may be made at any time by any donor.
- Per IRS guidelines, donations to the fund shall be general in nature with no specific designated recipient.
Complete the grant application and submit to the Grand Island Public Schools Foundation. Grants will be awarded throughout the year as funds are available.
Grand Island Senior High Soccer Character Scholarship Application
The GISH Soccer Character Scholarship is designed to encourage good character and support student efforts to go forward against all odds. Character scholarships can be made in any amount up to $1,000.