Nominations being accepted for Teacher of the Year, Staff Member of the Year, and Administrator of the Year
The Grand Island Public Schools Foundation is accepting nominations for Teacher of the Year and Staff Member of the Year. The program is sponsored by First National Bank. The deadline for 2019-2020 school year nominations is May 21.
“In this unprecedented time, we have seen many heroes rise. The staff of Grand Island Public Schools has gone the distance for our students and for our community,” said Traci Skalberg, GIPS Foundation director. “We are asking the community to help us recognize these efforts by making a nomination of your favorite GIPS teacher, administrator, or staff member,” she said.
Nominees must be current teachers, principals, administrators, specialists, counselors, or support staff members (secretaries, custodians, para-educators, food service etc.) in the Grand Island Public Schools. Six awards will be made. Awards will be presented in August at the Back to School celebration.
Nomination forms are available on the Grand Island Public Schools Foundation website, https://gipsfoundation.org/what-we-do/teacher-of-the-year.html
Nominations should include the following information:
- Teacher, Principal, or Staff Member’s name
- Subject/grade taught, or job duty
- Name of school where teacher, staff member, or principal is employed
- Name, address, phone number and e-mail address of person submitting nomination
- An explanation of why the teacher, principal, or staff member deserves to be named Teacher of the Year, Staff Member of the Year, or Administrator of the Year
Nominations can be submitted electronically or by mail to the Grand Island Public Schools Foundation, P.O. Box 4904, Grand Island, NE 68802-4904.
CONTACT: Traci Skalberg, Grand Island Public Schools Foundation, (308) 385-5900, extension 1170; firstname.lastname@example.org