Grand Island Concert Association - Patron of Music Scholarship
Scholarship Essay Required
1 minute audio file upload Required
The Grand Island Concert Association is a non-profit organization dedicated to bringing a variety of classical music artists to Central Nebraska. The Association enriches lives, fosters growth, and advances musical appreciation through ongoing education and outstanding live performances. The GICA has been contributing to the musical and fine arts offerings in Central Nebraska since 1931. In the spirit of encouraging musical and theatrical talent, the GICA offers scholarships annually to area students who have a plan to continue to grow and use their gifts.
Amount and Terms
- $1,000 x 1 year
Number of Scholarships
- Must be a graduate of one of the following high schools: Grand Island Senior High, Grand Island Central Catholic, Grand Island Northwest, Heartland Lutheran, St. Cecilia, Heartland Community High School, Loup City, Ord, Palmer, High Plains, Ravenna, Shelton, St. Paul, Wood River, York, Nebraska Christian, Aurora, Central City, Central Valley, Centura, Doniphan-Trumbull, Elba, Fullerton, Hampton, Hastings, or Adams Central
- Must be involved in music, musical theater or musical performance in school and/or in the community
- Student must upload a 1 minute audio file showing proficiency in voice or instrument.(Theater students upload a monologue or reading).
- Must attend an accredited trade school, university, or college
- Give a brief synopsis of your involvement in school and community music and/or theater activities. (Max 500 words)
- What are your dreams for using your talent in music and/or theater 10 years from now? Tell us how you plan to continue to develop your interest and talent. (Max 500 words)