Annual Giving Coordinator position open
The GIPS Foundation seeks a highly committed and talented professional to join our staff as Annual Giving Coordinator. The Annual Giving Coordinator will be responsible for the leadership, management, and execution of the GIPS Foundation’s annual giving program, special events, and grants. The successful candidate will be self-motivated, entrepreneurial, and willing to take complete ownership of critical duties. A minimum 5 years of development experience including demonstrated success in individual giving, corporate sponsorship, alumni giving, and special events fundraising and management, is preferred. The candidate will maintain an in-depth knowledge of the GIPS Foundation’s strategic funding priorities to establish long-term partnerships and strengthen existing relationships with donors. The position is 12-month position at 32 hours per week. Salary range $36,000 – $45,000 + benefits after probationary period.
Annual Giving Coordinator, Foundation
The Foundation Annual Giving Coordinator (AGC) is responsible for the leadership, management, and execution of the GIPS Foundation annual giving program, special events, and grants. Reporting to and working directly with the Executive Director, the Annual Giving Coordinator will play a vital role in growing the philanthropic revenue for the Foundation’s mission. In collaboration with the Executive Director, responsibilities include meeting or exceeding the annual fund and events fundraising goals; acknowledging, stewarding, and growing annual fund contributions; developing and successfully implementing organization fundraising special events; writing appropriate grant proposals; representing the organization to donors, vendors, and the public; producing various fundraising-related collateral; cultivating the donor database; and managing volunteers.
The successful candidate will be self-motivated, entrepreneurial, and willing to take complete ownership of critical duties. The candidate will maintain an in-depth knowledge of the Grand Island Public Schools Foundation’s strategic funding priorities to establish long-term partnerships and strengthen existing relationships with GIPS Foundation Donors.
Reports to Executive Director.
- Responsible for the management and implementation of the Foundation’s Annual Giving program (direct mail, in-kind donations, GIPS Staff Campaign, Alumni and Community Campaigns, and online giving).
- Work with Executive Director to establish long-term goals and objectives, to strategize annual campaign, and all other fundraising efforts.
- Work with Executive Director to cultivate and steward gifts from individuals by maintaining frequent contact with current major donors and developing new relationships with prospects.
- Open new markets or further cultivate existing markets according to the strategic plan including GIPS parents and Alumni.
- Ensure proper donor recognition and stewardship.
- Research individual donor and prospect information.
- Develop strategies for new donor acquisition and growth.
- Collect and input donor and prospect information into donor database. Ensure accuracy of gift entry and reporting.
- Assist in the creation of external content and collateral for the Development department, including but not limited to appeals, newsletters, social media, website, and invitations.
- Act as a spokesperson for the organization as needed to bring in funding, volunteers, etc.
- Prepare department reports.
- Create and execute a new signature special event for the GIPS Foundation.
- Coordinate and manage the signature event, including acting as the staff liaison to the committee.
- Cultivate and secure corporate sponsorships as related to special events.
- Research and investigate all venues for events, including preparing overall cost analyses for each venue.
- Solicit and manage all vendors related to special events, and manage and negotiate contracts with input from the Executive Director.
- Create corporate sponsorship materials for the Signature Event, including in-kind (auction), sponsorship benefit levels and solicitation letters, track sponsor contracts, and ensure donor(s) receives all benefits.
- Secure event sponsors, including in-kind sponsorships.
- Collaborate with Board member volunteers to plan events and solicit support.
- Prepare event collateral material, plan events, generate guest lists, coordinate leadership and staff, and follow through on event logistics and execution.
- Assist with and support Foundation cultivation events including Board, Alumni, Parents and others with the potential to increase revenue for the Foundation.
- Develop and meet event revenue goals for existing and new events, manage event expense budgets utilizing metrics and data.
- Manage and recruit Interns and Volunteers.
Grants and Other:
- Research, write, and follow up on appropriate grants and work with Executive Director to cultivate grants.
- Provide support to other Foundation activities and campaigns as needed. Support the development and vibrancy of relationships with the GIPS Foundation’s strategic allies.
- Provide professional, quality customer service to donors, members, volunteers, staff, and other community contacts.
- Prepare data for Executive Director and Board, to share ongoing results as related to metrics for fiscal year.
- Maintain all relevant data in donor database include donor meetings, correspondences, actions, etc.
- Serve as Staff Liaison to Development Committee. Serve on Foundation Board Committees as requested by Executive Director.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- Minimum 5-7 years of Development experience including demonstrated success in individual giving, corporate sponsorship, alumni giving, and special events fundraising and management.
- Experience with fundraising and data management systems.
- Experience with moves management including, but not limited to, prospect identification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship.
Skills and Abilities:
- Proven success in identifying and soliciting funds from individuals, corporations, and foundations from a variety of sources and in developing relationships with donors.
- A record of measurable results in organizing and implementing such activities as major gifts, annual gifts, direct mail, and special events.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills required. Demonstrated ability to write clear and persuasive proposals.
- Excellent time management skills and a high degree of organization, careful attention to detail, ability to multitask and to prioritize and manage multiple projects and deadlines.
- Familiarity with Grand Island is preferred, and flexibility to travel, the majority of which will be regional in scope.
- High energy and passion for GIPS Foundation’s mission is essential.
- Ability to work on selected weekdays, nights and weekend evenings as required.
- Demonstrated experience in strategic planning, managing people and budgets, and an ability to work in a hands-on environment.
- Computer literacy and knowledge of donor software and other fundraising software is highly desirable.
- Well-disciplined, self-motivated and goal-driven; able to work with a high degree of independence as well as part of a team.
- Ability to appropriately handle confidential matters and information.
- Flexibility and willingness to assume new tasks and special projects.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office software; Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Ability to participate in cross-departmental projects, using tact and diplomacy.
- Ability to effectively identify, analyze and solve problems.
- Professional maturity and a sense of humor.
Position open until filled.
Send resume to Traci Skalberg, Executive Director at:
Grand Island Public Schools Foundation
123 South Webb Road
PO Box 4904
Grand Island, NE 68802-4904