Dr. Thomas B. Murray
Class of 1941
Hall of Honor 1989
Dr. Thomas B. Murray has been a leader in bringing psychiatry to central Nebraska.
Dr. Murray attended the University of Nebraska-Lincoln as a Regent’s Scholar, then joined the military and completed his medical education while serving his country. He was chief of psychiatric services for the Army in Europe. He retired from military service as a colonel in 1973.
Dr. Murray took up residence in Kearney in 1974. He helped develop inpatient psychiatric care at Good Samaritan Hospital in Kearney. His dream of a psychiatric hospital in central Nebraska was realized in 1986 when the Richard Young Hospital opened in Kearney.